Trinity College was founded in 1555, and the earliest administrative archives date from this time, including statues, charters and annual accounts which are in Latin until 1733. Trinity holds various documents relating to its estates, including court rolls and some maps. A series of Order Books (Governing Body minutes) begins in the early Eighteenth Century.
The College holds the literary papers of Sir Arthur Quiller-Couch (1863-1944), and of Richard Hillary (1919-1943). The College also has a large collection of twentieth-century undergraduate ephemera, including photographs, diaries, memoirs, letters, lecture notes, term cards and programmes.
The College collection includes prints of college buildings from 1675, and of photographs of members from 1889. In addition Trinity owns portraits of past Presidents, some Fellows and some former members.
Archivist: Clare Hopkins
Opening Hours: Thursdays and Fridays, 10am - 5pm (by appointment only)
Address: Trinity College, Broad Street, Oxford OX1 3BH
Clare Hopkins: Trinity: 450 Years of an Oxford College Community (OUP 2005)