St Peter's College was founded as a Permanent Private Hall (originally known as St Peter's Hall) in 1929. The contents of its Archive broadly fall into the following categories:
- Documents about the administration of the College, including statutes and minute books.
- Documents about the College's finances.
- Documents about the College's buildings
- Records of the clubs and societies of the College, including photographs.
- Some records relating to former Masters, Fellows, staff and students, in particular a large collection of the private papers of Prof John Barron, who was Master between 1991 and 2003.
Please note that the Chavasse family papers, including the correspondence of our founder, Francis James Chavasse, and our first Master, Christopher Chavasse, are on deposit at the Bodleian. The papers of Noel Chavasse are held separately at the Imperial War Museum.
Archivist: Dr Alison Ray
Opening hours: The Archives of St Peter's College are usually open, by appointment only, on Mondays and Tuesdays from 10.00-12.45 and 1.45-4.30.
Phone: 01865 278958